Purpose of Blog

Well, hello again friends! My facebook group went so well that I decided to turn it into a blog. So welcome to NMCBlog. This blog like the group will allow you to see Nick Scanlan's Album of the Month Choice, Weekly Single Choice, and Music Quotes Choice. Hopefully you all enjoy the selections. Your comments and suggestions are appreciated. I will try to update this according to schedule. Enjoy :)

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Album of the Month 4

Album of the Month:


VICE VERSES by Switchfoot


This album was extremely pleasing to me for a number of reasons. I count Switchfoot as my first "favorite band". I heard a bunch of their singles and then started to listen to some of their full albums. I was really impressed by the openness they had about their faith and how they creatively incorporated it into their music. Switchfoot was definitely an inspirational band for me in my earlier years of high school especially because they were a Christian band who made it to mainstream radio. As the years have gone by however, we've seen less and less obviously Christian lyrics from them; and, although it's been really good, it hasn't been the good old Switchfoot we know and love from the days of "Dare You to Move" and "New Way to Be Human".
...Until now...
I would argue that this album perfectly captures the maturity of Jon's lyric writing capability, re-united with the old Switchfoot sound we all know and love. I am thoroughly impressed by this work as a whole. From the quick, witty, and striking lyrics of "Selling the News" to the deep reflection on the truth behind man's longing for something more in "Restless" this album is beautiful and I hope you give it a good listen.





http://www.switchfoot.com/






Single of the Week:
Princes of China by Coldplay










Quote:
"Don't worry I will help you out on one condition
Be more, do more, check your blood pressure."


Blood Pressure by Mute Math


(Cool music video as typical for Mute Math)

No comments:

Post a Comment